Details for Benchmark: NA1289
N 42° 17.667 W 075° 28.817 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CHENANGO county, NY View Original Datasheet
- J 139
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1941 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1941
AT BAINBRIDGE. AT BAINBRIDGE, CHENANGO COUNTY, ON THE DELAWARE AND HUDSON RAILROAD, IN THE SOUTHWEST WALL OF THE STATION, 15.2 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF THE BUILDING, 5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE WEST CORNER, 3.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST EDGE OF THE WAITING-ROOM DOOR, 32.8 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST RAIL OF THE NORTHWEST TRACK, AND 1.6 FEET ABOVE THE PLATFORM. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED J 139 1941 AND SET VERTICALLY.
|1/1/1982 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
NOTE: THE RAILROAD STATION IS NOW THE POLICE STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.