Details for Benchmark: NB0148
N 42° 38.300 W 076° 12.733 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CORTLAND county, NY View Original Datasheet
- E 158
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
1.9 MI W FROM HOMER. TO REACH FROM THE POST OFFICE IN HOMER-- PROCEED 1.9 MILES WEST ON STATE HIGHWAY NO. 90 TO SITE OF BENCH MARK. BENCH MARK IS ABOUT 155.0 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A STUCCO HOUSE, 73.3 FEET EAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A RED BARN, AND 5.7 FEET NORTH OF A PASTURE FENCE. IT IS 18.0 FEET SOUTH OF AND ABOUT 0.5 FOOT BELOW THE CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY, SET HORIZONTALLY 1.6 FEET EAST OF THE WEST END OF THE SOUTH HEAD WALL OF A CONCRETE CULVERT. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED E 158 1942.
|01/10/1991 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (RHS)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.