Details for Benchmark: NB0149
N 42° 38.483 W 076° 13.933 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CORTLAND county, NY View Original Datasheet
- F 158
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
2.9 MI W FROM HOMER. TO REACH FROM THE POST OFFICE IN HOMER-- PROCEED 2.9 MILES WEST OF STATE HIGHWAY NO. 90 TO SITE OF BENCH MARK. BENCH MARK IS ABOUT 0.4 MILE WEST OF A SCHOOL HOUSE, ABOUT 130.0 FEET EAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A LARGE TWO-STORY FRAME HOUSE, AND 28.0 FEET NORTH OF AND ABOUT THE SAME ELEVATION AS THE CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY. IT IS 19.3 FEET EAST OF HIGHLINE POLE NO. 38, 18.5 FEET WEST OF AND ABOUT THE SAME ELEVATION AS THE CENTER LINE OF A SIDE ROAD LEADING NORTH, AND SET HORIZONTALLY IN THE CENTER OF THE WEST HEAD WALL OF A CONCRETE CULVERT. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED F 158 1942.
|01/10/1991 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (RHS)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.