Details for Benchmark: NB0192
N 42° 34.133 W 076° 07.367 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CORTLAND county, NY View Original Datasheet
- V 109
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1936 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1936
AT BLODGETT MILLS. AT BLODGETT MILLS, CORTLAND COUNTY, ON THE ERIE-LACKAWANNA RAILROAD, 360 FEET NORTH OF THE STATION, 220 FEET SOUTHWEST OF ELECTRIC SIGNAL TOWER S 2313, AND 45.5 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED V 109 1935 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 5 INCHES ABOVE GROUND.
|03/29/1991 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (RHS)
MARK NOT FOUND.
|01/01/1998 by NYDT (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NY DEPT OF TRANSP 1998 (AMA)
MARK FOUND LEANING TO SOUTH - SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN DISTURBED. DISTANCE IN DESCRIPTION FROM WEST RAIL OF MAIN TRACK NEEDS TO BE CHANGED FROM 45.5 FT (13.9 M) TO 44.5 FT (13.6 M) .
|06/15/1998 by NYDT (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NY DEPT OF TRANSP 1998 (AMM)
MARK FOUND LEANING TO SOUTH - SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN DISTURBED. DISTANCE IN DESCRIPTION FROM WEST RAIL OF MAIN TRACK NEEDS TO BE CHANGED FROM 45.5 FEET (13.9 M) TO 44.5 FEET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.