Details for Benchmark: NB0251
N 42° 35.467 W 076° 08.083 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CORTLAND county, NY View Original Datasheet
- X 50
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
1.7 MI E FROM CORTLAND. ON THE CINCINNATUS DIVISION OF THE DELAWARE, LACKAWANNA AND WESTERN RAILWAY, 600 YARDS WEST OF MP NO.236, AT THE APEX OF THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY NO. 11 AND NEW YORK STATE HIGHWAY NO. 41, 15 YARDS NORTH OF THE CROSSING OF U.S. HIGHWAY NO.11 AND THE RAILROAD, 8 YARDS SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF NEW YORK STATE HIGHWAY NO. 41, 5 YARDS NORTH OF A LARGE SIGN POINTING TO BINGHAMTON, A CONCRETE POST, 3 INCHES ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1955 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1955
MARK NOT FOUND.
|05/02/1995 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.