Details for Benchmark: NB0775
N 42° 55.433 W 077° 24.950 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ONTARIO county, NY View Original Datasheet
- M 146
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
1.6 MI N FROM HOLCOMB. TO REACH FROM THE NEW YORK CENTRAL RAILROAD STATION AT HOLCOMB, PROCEED NORTH ON PAVED ROAD AND GO 1.6 MILES TO TOP OF A SMALL HILL AND SITE OF BENCH MARK. BENCH MARK IS DIRECTLY ACROSS THE ROAD FROM THE INTERSECTION OF A PRIVATE DRIVEWAY, 30 FEET WEST OF AND ABOUT THE SAME ELEVATION AS THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 25 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH END OF A LARGE PILE OF ROCKS, 18 FEET SOUTH OF A FENCE CORNER, 3 FEET NORTH OF A 4 BY 4 INCH WOODEN MARKER POST AND ONE FOOT EAST OF THE RIGHT OF WAY FENCE, MONUMENT PROJECTS 0.5 FEET.
|01/01/1971 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1971
MARK NOT FOUND.
|05/11/1997 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.