Details for Benchmark: NB0852
N 42° 53.600 W 077° 24.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ONTARIO county, NY View Original Datasheet
- W 160
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1942
0.9 MI E FROM HOLCOMB. TO REACH FROM THE RAILROAD STATION AT HOLCOMB, PROCEED 0.9 MILE EAST ALONG THE NEW YORK CENTRAL RAILROAD, TO A 6X6 FOOT CONCRETE AND STONE CULVERT UNDER RAILROAD AND SITE OF BENCH MARK. BENCH MARK IS SET HORIZONTALLY IN THE EAST END OF THE NORTH HEADWALL. IT IS 180.0 YARDS WEST OF MILE POST NO. 7, 8.6 FEET NORTH OF AND 0.6 FOOT BELOW THE CENTERLINE OF TRACKS, 1.4 FOOT WEST OF THE EAST END OF CULVERT. A DISK SET IN DRILL HOLE
|01/01/1942 by NGS (GOOD)
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.