Details for Benchmark: NB2103
N 42° 35.606 W 076° 12.874 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CORTLAND county, NY View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1988 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1988
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 3.2 KM (2.00 MI) SOUTHWEST OF CORTLAND, AT THE CORTLAND-CHASE FIELD AIRPORT, IN THE NORTH CORNER OF THE GRASS STRIP BETWEEN THE PARALLEL TAXIWAY AND THE ASPHALT RUNWAY, AND IN THE SOUTH ANGLE OF THE CONNECTING TAXIWAY AND PARALLEL TAXIWAY. OWNERSHIP--CORTLAND COUNTY, C/O AIRPORT MANAGER EUGENE VISCOTHA, 922 GROTON AVENUE, CORTLAND NY 13045. PHONE 607 753-0250. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 281 AND 222, AT THE WEST SIDE OF CORTLAND, GO WEST FOR 1.1 KM (0.70 MI) ON STATE HIGHWAY 222 TO AN ENTRANCE ROAD ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT AND GO SOUTH FOR 0.2 KM (0.10 MI) ON THE ENTRANCE ROAD TO THE WEST SIDE OF THE AIRPORT OFFICE AND HANGAR AND ACROSS RAMP TO THE JUNCTION OF THE MAIN CONNECTING TAXIWAY AND PARALLEL TAXIWAY AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS THE TOP CENTER OF A STAINLESS STEEL ROD RECESSED 8 CM BELOW GROUND DRIVEN TO REFUSAL AT 5.8 METERS IN A GREASE FILLED SLEEVE EXTENDING TO A DEPTH OF 1.0 METERS ENCASED IN A PVC PIPE COVERED BY A STANDARD NGS LOGO CAP FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. LOCATED 45.1 M (148.0 FT) NORTHWEST FROM THE CENTER OF THE RUNWAY, 20.4 M (66.9 FT) SOUTHWEST FROM THE CENTER OF THE MAIN CONNECTING TAXIWAY, 15.8 M (51.8 FT) SOUTHEAST FROM THE CENTER OF THE PARALLEL TAXIWAY, AND 10.2 M (33.5 FT) WEST FROM THE SOUTHEAST END OF A 40 CM CORRUGATED METAL CULVERT PIPE. DESCRIBED BY K.L. FANCHER, TYPED BY R.L. ZURFLUH.
|05/25/1995 by NYDT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NY DEPT OF TRANSP 1995 (RWB)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
|10/29/1997 by FA (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY FISHER ASSOCIATES 1997 (KR)
|10/19/1998 by FA (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY FISHER ASSOCIATES 1998 (KR)
- This mark is at Cortland Co-Chase Fld Airport (N03)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.