Details for Benchmark: NB2147
N 42° 25.975 W 076° 51.776 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SCHUYLER county, NY View Original Datasheet
- TT 40 R
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|07/23/1992 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 7.1 KM (4.40 MI) NORTH OF WATKINS GLEN, 1.6 KM (1.00 MI) EAST FROM SENECA LAKE AND IN THE SOUTHEAST ANGLE OF THE INTERSECTION OF STATE ROUTE 414 AND COUNTY ROAD 5. OWNERSHIP--STATE HIGHWAY RIGHT-OF-WAY. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE ROUTE 14 AND STATE ROUTE 414 IN WATKINS GLEN, GO NORTH ON STATE ROUTE 414 FOR 2.6 KM (1.60 MI) TO THE JUNCTION OF STATE ROUTE 79. BEAR LEFT AND CONTINUE NORTH ON STATE ROUTE 414 AND GO 2.7 KM (1.65 MI) TO A WATER FOLL ON THE RIGHT. CONTINUE AHEAD AND GO NORTH 1.6 KM (1.00 MI) ON STATE ROUTE 414 TO THE JUNCTION OF COUNTY ROAD 5 ON THE RIGHT AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. LOCATED 11.9 M (39.0 FT) EAST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF STATE ROUTE 414, 9.5 M (31.2 FT) SOUTHWEST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF COUNTY ROAD 5, 1.9 M (6.2 FT) SOUTH FROM A POWER POLE.
|07/09/1996 by NYDT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NY DEPT OF TRANSP 1996 (KDS)
THE JUNCTION OF ROUTE 414 AND COUNTY ROUTE 5 HAS BEEN COMPLETELY RECONSTRUCTED. NEW TIES FOLLOW. THE STATION IS A BRONZE DISK SET IN A BOULDER ON THE SOUTHEAST ANGLE OF ROTE 414 AND COUNTY ROUE 5. IT IS 42 FT (12.80 M) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE ROUTE 414, 26 FT (7.92 M) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF COUNTY ROUTE 5 AND 16.2 FT (4.94 M) NORTH OF POWER POLE NYSEG 2-1.
|03/22/1999 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1999
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.