Details for Benchmark: NC0027
N 42° 54.183 W 078° 14.783 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GENESEE county, NY View Original Datasheet
- S 84
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
7.0 MI S FROM BATAVIA. 7.0 MILES SOUTH OF BATAVIA, N.Y. ON NYCRR (ATTICA BRANCH) 846 FEET SOUTH MILE POST NO. B 7 40 FEET NORTHEAST OF CENTER LINES OF ROADWAY AND NYC TRACK 18 FEET EAST OF CENTER LINE OF NYCRR TRACK 34 FEET NORTH OF CENTER LINE OF STATE ROUTE 35 3 FEET BELOW TOP OF RAIL 6 X 6 IN. PRECAST CONCRETE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.