Details for Benchmark: NC0063
N 42° 59.767 W 078° 21.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GENESEE county, NY View Original Datasheet
- S 83
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||sabrefan7 couldn't find NC0063
Post no longer there. Survey stake in its place.
[This entry was edited by sabrefan7 on Sunday, April 05, 2009 at 7:11:27 AM.]
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
IN PEMBROKE CENTER. AT PEMBROKE CENTER 105 FEET WEST OF INTERSECTION OF HIGHWAY 5 AND NYCRR 16 FEET SOUTH OF TRACK 44 FEET NORTH OF CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY 5 1 FOOT BELOW TOP OF RAIL A 6 X 6 IN. PRECAST CONCRETE POST WITH 8 IN. PROJ.
|08/21/1995 by FA (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY FISHER ASSOCIATES 1995 (JML)
GOOD FOR GPS. NEW DESCRIPTION. 28.75 FT (8.76 M) SE FROM CENTER LINE OF GATE. 23 FT (7.0 M) INCHES E FROM SOUTHERN PART OF GUARD RAIL. 44 FT (13.4 M) N OF RTE 5, RR NO LONGER THERE. POWER LINES ARE IN PLACE OF RR BED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.