Details for Benchmark: NC0068
N 42° 59.900 W 078° 11.267 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GENESEE county, NY View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
IN BATAVIA. IN BATAVIA IN CITY HALL PARK 66 FEET NORTH OF CENTER LINE OF WEST MAIN STREET 72 FEET WEST OF SOUTHWEST CORNER OF CITY HALL A GRANITE POST WITH 2 BRASS PLATES AT THE BASE INSCRIBED CITY OF BATAVIA, U.S.G. SURVEY B.M. 894.573.
|01/01/1971 by KONSKI (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY KONSKI ENGINEERS 1971
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.