Details for Benchmark: NC0073
N 42° 59.000 W 078° 02.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In GENESEE county, NY View Original Datasheet
- K 84
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
2.6 MI W FROM LEROY. 2.6 MILES WEST OF LEROY ON NYCRR 1576 FEET EAST OF MILE POST C 43 30 FEET SOUTHEAST OF GRADE CROSSING 15 FEET EAST OF CENTER LINE OF ROADWAY 24 FEET SOUTH OF CENTER LINE OF TRACK 2 FEET ABOVE TOP OF RAIL A 6 X 6 IN. PRECAST CONCRETE POST WITH 6 IN. PROJ.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.