Details for Benchmark: NC0595
N 42° 06.400 W 079° 13.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CHAUTAUQUA county, NY View Original Datasheet
- CITY OF JAMESTOWN 2
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by LOCSUR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
IN JAMESTOWN. AT JAMESTOWN ON ERIE R.R. 1.7 MILES EAST OF STATION ON BRIDGE NO. 32/33 (80-FOOT SPAN GIRDER OVER CHANDKOIN RIVER) OPPOSITE THE DAHLSTROM METALLIC DOOR COMPANY ON THE EAST ABUTMENT, NORTH SIDE 10 FEET NORTH OF NORTH RAIL 1 FOOT BELOW TOP OF RAIL.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.