Details for Benchmark: NC1268
N 42° 39.553 W 078° 37.552 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ERIE county, NY View Original Datasheet
- COLDEN RAD STA WBEN-FM MAST
- Marker Type:
- radio/tv mast
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1958 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1958 (WER)
THE STATION IS THE LIGHT ATOP THE FM POLE ANTENNA WHICH IS SUPPORTED BY THE TELEVISION MAST WHICH IS LOCATED ABOUT 8.0 MILES SOUTH OF EAST AURORA, IN THE SMALL TOWN OF COLDEN AND ON THE WEST SIDE OF CENTER STREET.
THE MAST IS A SLENDER RED AND WHITE STEEL STRUCTURE 1001 FEET HIGH. THE MAST AND TV ANTENNAS IS 947 FEET HIGH AND THE FM ANTENNA IS 54 FEET HIGHER.
|01/01/1965 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1965 (EPM)
STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
THE FOLLOWING SHOULD BE ADDED TO THE DESCRIPTION--STATION IS 3.2 MILES ENE OF THE HAMLET OF COLDEN.
|01/01/1973 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973 (WOM)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
THE POINT INTERSECTED WAS THE CENTER OF THE RED LIGHT ATOP THE MAST.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.