Details for Benchmark: NC1768
N 42° 20.580 W 079° 35.814 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CHAUTAUQUA county, NY View Original Datasheet
- BARCELONA WCO LSC 1972
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1972 by USLS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US LAKE SURVEY 1972 (WAB)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN BARCELONA HARBOR, JUST NORTH OF THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 5 AND 17. THE MARK IS A STANDARD DISK ATOP THE WATER LEVEL GAUGE STATION AT THE SOUTHERN END OF THE WEST BREAKWALL, 1.76 METERS SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER, 1.81 METERS NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER, 1.75 METERS NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER, AND 1.64 METERS SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.