Details for Benchmark: NC1774
N 42° 08.404 W 079° 31.399 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CHAUTAUQUA county, NY View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1902 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1902
LOCATED IN NORTHWESTERN PART OF HARMONY TOWNSHIP ON COMMANDING HILL OWNED BY GEO. C. BATES, ABOUT 0.25 MI FROM RD. BETWEEN SHERNE AND HARMONY TOWNSHIPS.
STATION MARK, A STONE POST 40- BY 6- BY 6-IN. SET 36 IN. IN GROUND, IN CENTER OF TOP OF WHICH IS CEMENTED A BRONZE TRIANGULATION DISK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.