Details for Benchmark: ND0162
N 42° 09.224 W 080° 04.571 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ERIE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USE (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1975 by USLS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US LAKE SURVEY 1975
NO PREVIOUS DESCRIPTION. THE STATION IS ON THE NORTH PIER AT THE ENTRANCE TO ERIE HARBOR. THE MARK IS A STANDARD BRONZE DISK STAMPED U.S. HARBOR LINE NO. 14 APPROXIMATELY 4.5 METERS SOUTH OF THE NORTHERN EDGE OF THE PIER AND ABOUT 4 METERS NORTH OF THE SOUTHERN EDGE.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
IN PRESQUE ISLE. ON PRESQUE ISLE, AT THE U.S. COAST GUARD STATION, 35.66 METERS (117.0 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE NATIONAL OCEAN SURVEY WATER LEVEL GAGE WHICH IS AT THE NORTHEAST END OF THE PIER, 8.69 METERS (28.5 FT) EAST OF THE BASE OF A METAL PIPE MOORING ANCHOR, 3.96 METERS (13.0 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF THE CONCRETE PIER. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH TOP OF PIER.
|07/12/1994 by NOS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL OCEAN SERVICE 1994 (KLD)
IN ERIE, ON PRESQUE ISLE, AT THE U.S. COAST GUARD STATION, 35.66 METERS (116.99 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE OLD NATIONAL OCEAN SURVEY WATER LEVEL GAGE PIPE WHICH IS AT THE NORTHEAST END OF THE PIER, 8.69 METERS (28.51 FT) EAST OF THE BASE OF A METAL PIPE MOORING ANCHOR, 3.96 METERS (12.99 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF THE CONCRETE PIER, BEING A BRONZE DISC SET INTO THE CONCRETE MARKED U.S. HARBOR LINE NO. 14.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 12810 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.