Details for Benchmark: ND0165
N 42° 09.109 W 080° 04.869 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ERIE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- 16 USE
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USE (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1975 by USLS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US LAKE SURVEY 1975
NO PREVIOUS DESCRIPTION. THE STATION IS ON THE WESTERN EXTREMITY OF THE NORTH PIER AT THE ENTRANCE TO ERIE HARBOR. THE MARK IS A STANDARD BRONZE DISK ABOUT 7 METERS EAST OF THE INNER CHANNEL FRONT RANGE LIGHT, 6.173 METERS EAST OF ERIE HARBOR RM 1, 3.80 METERS SOUTH OF THE NORTHERN EDGE OF THE PIER, 1.30 METERS NORTH OF THE SOUTHERN EDGE, AND 8.4 METERS EAST OF THE WESTERN EDGE.
AIRLINE DISTANCE AND DIRECTION FROM NEAREST TOWN ERIE, PA.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
IN PRESQUE ISLE. ON PRESQUE ISLE, AT THE U.S. COAST GUARD STATION, IN TOP OF A CONCRETE MOORING PIER, 8.48 METERS (27.8 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE MOORING PIER, 4.33 METERS (14.2 FT) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTH LEG OF A RANGE LIGHT TOWER, 1.34 METERS (4.4 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF THE PIER. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH TOP OF PIER.
|09/21/1996 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999. No horizontal observational check was made to the station.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.