Details for Benchmark: ND0198
N 42° 07.864 W 080° 06.537 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ERIE county, PA View Original Datasheet
- PLUM LSC 1975
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by USLS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US LAKE SURVEY 1975 (WAB)
THIRD ORDER EODM TRAVERSE STATION--FROM ERIE HARBOR LSC REFERENCE
STATION IS LOCATED ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF ERIE HARBOR, ON THE NORTHWESTERN CORNER OF A DOCK (AUSTIN DOCK NO 4) AND JUST NORTH OF THE ERIE BUILDERS CONCRETE COMPANY PIER. THE STATION IS MOST EASILY ACCESSED BY SMALL BOAT - LANDING ON THE WEST SIDE OF AUSTIN DOCK NO 4.
STATION MARK IS A STANDARD BRONZE DISK STAMPED PLUM LSC 1974 AND IS SET FLUSH INTO THE CONCRETE RETAINING WALL. 3.6 FEET FROM THE NORTH EDGE, 4.0 FEET FROM THE WEST EDGE AND 5.2 FEET FROM THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE DOCK. THE 5 TO 8 FEET CONCRETE PLATFORM IS ABOUT 5 FEET ABOVE IGLD.
STATION AFFORDS EXCELLENT VISIBILITY TO ALL POINTS WITHIN ERIE HARBOR.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1999.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.