Details for Benchmark: NE0387
N 42° 37.717 W 083° 17.300 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In OAKLAND county, MI View Original Datasheet
- V 106
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||clatmandu couldn't find NE0387
Couldn't find this one. Elevation showed I was 20 feet higher than the mark. A lot has changed in the last 70 years. Building is gone, Franklin is gone at this point, there are several areas that had fill dirt added throughout the years.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
AT PONTIAC. AT PONTIAC, OAKLAND COUNTY, ON THE GRAND TRUNK WESTERN RAILWAY, 65 YARDS NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE WOLVERINE MANUFACTURING COMPANY PLANT, 26 YARDS NORTHEAST OF THE JUNCTION OF TWO BRANCHES OF THE GRAND TRUNK WESTERN RAILWAY, AT THE CROSSING OF FRANKLIN ROAD, 20 YARDS NORTHEAST OF THE CROSSING OF THE CENTERLINE OF FRANKLIN ROAD AND THE NORTH RAIL, AND 24.2 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED V 106 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.