Details for Benchmark: NE0629
N 42° 19.067 W 083° 04.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WAYNE county, MI View Original Datasheet
- HL MON 43 USLS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1932 by USLS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1970 by USLS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US LAKE SURVEY 1970
IN DETROIT. HL ON 43 IS IN THE CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN PART OF DETROIT, WAYNE COUNTY, MICHIGAN, ON CONCRETE SEAWALL ALONG THE DETROIT RIVER, APPROXIMATELY IN LINE WITH CENTERLINE OF FOURTEENTH STREET EXTENDED, ABOUT 300 FEET UPRIVER FROM 2 RAILROAD SHEDS, 85 FEET UPRIVER FROM SLIGHT OFFSET IN CONCRETE REVETMENT, 1.3 FEET FROM FACE OF THE SEAWALL, BEING HIGHEST POINT OVER CROSS AT CENTER OF BRONZE DISC SET INTO THE CONCRETE. NOTE-- PREV. DESIG. BM H L MON 43 1932.
|01/01/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|09/25/1999 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1999
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.