Details for Benchmark: NE0632
N 42° 19.783 W 083° 02.233 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WAYNE county, MI View Original Datasheet
- GTW USLS
- Marker Type:
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1970 by USLS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US LAKE SURVEY 1970
AT DETROIT. GTW IS AT DETROIT, WAYNE COUNTY, MICHIGAN, ABOUT 240 FEET WEST OF INTERSECTION OF ST. ANTOINE STREET, 49.9 FEET NORTH OF NORTHWEST CORNER OF WAREHOUSE NEXT TO ENTRANCE DRIVE TO GRAND TRUNK RAILROAD YARD, 21 FEET NORTH OF CENTERLINE OF ATWATER STREET, 0.7 FOOT EAST OF WEST EDGE AND 0.6 FEET SOUTH OF NORTH EDGE OF A 6 X 8 FOOT CONCRETE SLAB WITH MANHOLE, 1/2-FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND, BEING HIGHEST POINT ON TOP OF A 1/2-INCH DIAMETER STEEL BOLT SET INTO THE CONCRETE SLAB. NOTE-- PREV. DESIG. BM GTW 1970.
|01/01/1970 by USLS (GOOD)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
|09/25/1999 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1999
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.