Details for Benchmark: NE0812
N 42° 30.282 W 083° 36.961 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In OAKLAND county, MI View Original Datasheet
- 55 1/2
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by GTWRR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1938 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1938
0.3 MI SW FROM NEW HUDSON. 0.3 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG THE GRAND TRUNK WESTERN RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT NEW HUDSON, OAKLAND COUNTY, 0.5 MILE EAST OF MILEPOST 56, 105 YARDS WEST OF A ROAD CROSSING, 25 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL, 13 FEET SOUTH OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, AND 2 FEET LOWER THAN THE TOP OF THE RAIL. A COPPER BOLT, STAMPED 55-1/2 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|03/04/1993 by MIDT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1993 (TGM)
STATION IS LOCATED IN QUAD 420834 ON THE MILFORD QUADRANGLE MAP. IT IS IN THE NORTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 9, T-1-N, R-7-E, LYON TOWNSHIP. ABOUT 6.5 MI (10.5 KM) SOUTH OF MILFORD, 4.0 MI (6.4 KM) SOUTHWESTERLY OF WIXOM, 0.5 MI (0.8 KM) SOUTH OF NEW HUDSON AND ON THE OLD RR GRADE NOW CONVERTED TO RAILS TO TRAILS PROGRAM (RR TRACKS REMOVED IN THIS LOCATION). TO REACH FROM THE SIX CORNERS IN NEW HUDSON, GO SOUTH ALONG MILFORD ROAD FOR 0.45 MI (0.72 KM) TO AN ABANDONED RAILROAD GRADE (NOW TRAIL) . TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTHWESTERLY FOR 250.0 FT (76.2 M) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT AT RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE. STATION IS 166.0 FT (50.6 M) SOUTHWESTERLY FROM THE SOUTHERLY METAL GATE POST FOR DRIVE NORTH OF OLD GRADE, 68.0 FT (20.7 M) NORTHEASTERLY FROM A 14-INCH ELM TREE, 33.0 FT (10.1 M) NORTH FROM THE CENTER OF OLD RAILROAD GRADE, 7.0 FT (2.1 M) SOUTHEASTERLY FROM THE CENTER OF A GRAVEL DRIVE, AND 0.5 FT (15.2 CM) NORTHEASTERLY FROM A METAL WITNESS POST WITH SIGN. NOTE--STATION HUDSPORT 1989 IS VISIBLE GROUND TO GROUND.
|10/16/1993 by WADTRI (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY WADE-TRIM INCORPORATED 1993 (JEK)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
|11/01/1993 by AYLENO (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY AYRES LEWIS NORRIS INCORPORATED 1993 (PVS)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.