Details for Benchmark: NE0876
N 42° 19.000 W 083° 04.600 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WAYNE county, MI View Original Datasheet
- X 234
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
IN DETROIT. IN DETROIT, AT THE JUNCTION OF JEFFERSON AVENUE AND 21 ST STREET SET VERTICALLY IN THE NORTHEAST FACE OF THE CONCRETE PIER FOR THE AMBASSADOR BRIDGE, 12.5 METERS (41.0 FEET) NORTHWEST OF THE NORTH WEST CURB OF JEFFERSON AVENUE, 8.4 METERS (27.7 FEET) SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CURB OF 21 ST STREET, 2.2 METERS (0.65 FOOT) NORTHWEST OF THE EAST CORNER OF THE PIER. THE MARK IS 1.3 M ABOVE GROUND..
|01/01/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. ADD--16.3 M (53.5 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE AVENUE, AND 10.3 M (33.8 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.