Details for Benchmark: NE0877
N 42° 19.200 W 083° 04.817 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WAYNE county, MI View Original Datasheet
- W 234
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
IN DETROIT. IN DETROIT, SET VERTICALLY IN THE SOUTHEAST FACE OF THE CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF THE AMBASSADOR BRIDGE, ON THE NORTHWEST SIDE OF HOWARD STREET, 2.6 METERS (8.5 FEET) NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST CURB OF HOWARD STREET, 1.0 METER (3.2 FEET) NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST EDGE OF ABUTMENT. THE MARK IS 1.1 M ABOVE GROUND.
|01/01/1985 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. ADD--34.1 M (111.9 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF 22ND STREET, AND 8.0 M (26.2 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER HOWARD STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.