Details for Benchmark: NE0881
N 42° 19.583 W 083° 02.600 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WAYNE county, MI View Original Datasheet
- R 235 C OF D
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures with deep foundations
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by MI1260 (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
IN DETROIT. IN DETROIT, 0.6 KILOMETER (0.4 MILE) SOUTHWEST ALONG ATWATER STREET FROM THE JUNCTION OF ST. ANTOINE STREET, NEAR THE NORTH- EAST END OF A CONCRETE OVERPASS OVER ATWATER STREET, SET NEAR THE NORTHEAST END OF THE SEAWALL, 36.6 METERS (120 FEET) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CURB OF ATWATER STREET ,3,6 METERS (12.0 FEET) SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST END OF THE SEAWALL, 0.5 METER (1.6 FEET) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF THE SEAWALL. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH SEAWALL..
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.