Details for Benchmark: NE0882
N 42° 19.717 W 083° 02.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WAYNE county, MI View Original Datasheet
- U 234
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures with deep foundations
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Pack231 couldn't find NE0882
I could not find the Benchmark, the fence has been taken down and the area is now part of the Detroit International Riverfront.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1980 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1980
IN DETROIT. IN DETROIT, AT THE T-JUNCTION OF ATWATER AND RIVARD STREETS, 0.16 KILOMETER (0.1 MILE) SOUTHEAST OF ATWATER STREET, SET IN THE TOP OF THE SEAWALL ON THE SOUTHEAST SIDE OF A LARGE PARKING LOT, AT A POINT WHERE THE CHAIN LINK FENCE MAKES A BEND, 44.8 METERS (147 FEET) SOUTHWEST OF THE CHAIN LINK FENCE ON THE NORTHEAST END OF THE PARKING AREA, 1.2 METERS (4.0 FEET) SOUTHEAST OF THE CURBING ON THE SOUTHEAST SIDE OF THE PARKING AREA, 0.3 METER (1.0 FOOT) NORTHWEST OF THE FENCE ON THE SOUTHEAST SIDE OF THE PARKING AREA. THE MARK IS 0.5 M ABOVE PARKING LOT..
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.