Details for Benchmark: NE0999
N 42° 19.117 W 083° 04.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WAYNE county, MI View Original Datasheet
- H 338
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Cyclops couldn't find NE0999
I didn't stop to look, but the La Fayette overpass looks to have been removed with the recently completed road construction.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1985 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
IN DETROIT. IN DETROIT, AT THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 75 AND LA FAYETTE WEST, IN TOP OF AND 0.5 M (1.6 FT) SOUTH OF THE NORTH END OF THE EAST CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF LA FAYETTE WEST OVERPASS OF THE HIGHWAY, 12.8 M (42.0 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE NORTH BOUND LANES OF THE HIGHWAY, AND 7.3 M (24.0 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTER OF LA FAYETTE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.