Details for Benchmark: NE1266
N 42° 40.624 W 083° 18.095 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In OAKLAND county, MI View Original Datasheet
- 8 L MIGS 1943
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943 (FN)
STATION IS LOCATED ON THE NW CORNER OF WALTON BOULEVARD AND BALDWIN AVENUE IN THE CITY OF PONTIAC. IT IS 74.94 FEET N OF TRIANGULATION STATION WALTON, 33.2 FEET N OF THE CENTER LINE OF WALTON BOULEVARD, 9.0 FEET E OF A 24-INCH APPLE TREE AND 33.6 FEET SW OF THE SE CORNER OF A CEMENT-BLOCK BUILDING. THE DISK IS A STANDARD U.S.C. AND G.S. AND S.S. DISK AND IS NOT STAMPED.
THIS IS A TRAVERSE STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1997.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.