Details for Benchmark: NE1269
N 42° 39.648 W 083° 17.819 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In OAKLAND county, MI View Original Datasheet
- PONTIAC FISHER BODY CO TANK
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943 (APR)
STATION IS LOCATED ON THE W SIDE OF KENNETT ROAD ABOUT 300 FEET E OF BALDWIN AVENUE IN THE CITY OF PONTIAC. IT IS A FOUR-LEGGED STRUCTURE ABOUT 100 FEET IN HEIGHT, PAINTED SILVER WITH FISHER BODY PLANT 1 PAINTED ON THE E AND W SIDES. THE POINT OBSERVED ON WAS THE SMALL BALL FINIAL ON THE APEX OF THE ROOF.
THIS IS AN INTERSECTION STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1997.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.