Details for Benchmark: NE1679
N 42° 36.262 W 083° 11.773 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In OAKLAND county, MI View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1991 by MIDH (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MI DEPT OF HIGHWAYS 1991
STAION IS LOCATED IN QUAD. 420831, IN THE NORTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 7, T-2-N, R-11-E, TROY CORPORATE LIMITS, OAKLAND COUNTY. IT IS ABOUT 6 MILES SOUTHEAST OF PONTIAC, 4-1/2 MILES NORTH OF BIRMINGHAM, 1/2 MILE WEST OF COOLIDGE ROAD, 1/2 MILE EAST OF INTERSTATE 75 (EXIT 74), ON INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 75 RIGHT-OF-WAY AND ON THE BIRMINGHAM QUADRANGLE MAP. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSATE 75 AND ADAMS ROAD INTERCHANGE EXIT 74, GO EAST ON SOUTHBOUND I-75 FOR 0.5 MI (0.8 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT AS DESCRIBED. STATION IS SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. IT IS 225 FT (68.6 M) SOUTHWEST OF THE WEST END OF A GUARDRAIL, 78 FT (23.8 M) EAST OF A RED PINE TREE, 57.5 FT (17.5 M) NORTHEAST OF UTILITY POLE, 46.1 FT (14.1 M) NORTH OF A RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, 45.1 FT (13.7 M) SOUTH OF THE SOUTHBOUND I-75 SOUTH EDGE-OF-METAL, 37 FT (11.3 M) SOUTHEAST OF A GAS PIPELINE MARKER POST, AND 2.4 FT (0.7 M) NORTH OF A METAL WITNESS POST WITH SIGN.
|04/26/1997 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.