Details for Benchmark: NF0839
N 42° 35.667 W 085° 33.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ALLEGAN county, MI View Original Datasheet
- D 176
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1948
3.9 MI E FROM SHELBYVILLE. ABOUT 3.9 MILES EAST ALONG A BLACK TOP ROAD FROM THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD STATION AT SHELBYVILLE, ABOUT 0.9 MILE EAST OF A NORTH-SOUTH CROSSROAD, ABOUT 0.6 MILE WEST OF THE T JUNCTION OF A NORTH-SOUTH ROAD AND THE WEST SHORE OF GUN LAKE, AT THE TOP OF A GRADE AND AT A T FENCE CORNER, 115 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A DRIVE SOUTH TO A SMALL HOUSE, 27 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE BLACK TOP ROAD, 2 FEET NORTH OF A WIRE FENCE AN IN LINE WITH THE T FENCE SOUTH, 16.5 FEET EAST OF A 14-INCH HICKORY TREE, 2 FEET EAST OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 4 IN.
|10/11/1997 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1997
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.