Details for Benchmark: NF1051
N 42° 48.100 W 084° 20.283 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SHIAWASSEE county, MI View Original Datasheet
- VCM 76003
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1976 by MIDH (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MI DEPT OF HIGHWAYS 1976
2.3 MI W FROM SHAFTSBURG. IN SHIAWASSEE COUNTY, T5NR1E, WOODHULL TWP., SEC 28. BENCH MARK IS 9 MILES NORTHEAST OF EAST LANSING POST OFFICE ALONG TEMP I-69, 2.3 MILES WEST OF SHAFTSBURG, APPROX 500 FEET WEST OF BRIDGE OVER VERMILION CREEK, 46.8 FEET SOUTH OF CENTERLINE EASTBOUND LANE OF TEMP I-69, 11.5 FEET NORTH OF ROW FENCE, 4 FEET SOUTHWEST OF METAL WITNESS POST, SET FLUSH WITH GROUND AND LEVEL WITH CENTERLINE EASTBOUND LANE OF TEMP I-69.
|08/31/1995 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1995
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.