Details for Benchmark: NG0005
N 42° 39.117 W 086° 06.417 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ALLEGAN county, MI View Original Datasheet
- 22.167 PMRR
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by PMRR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
AT NEW RICHMOND. AT NEW RICHMOND, ALLEGAN COUNTY, AT THE PERE MARQUETTE RAILWAY BRIDGE OVER KALAMAZOO RIVER, AND ON THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE BACK WALL OF THE NORTH ABUTMENT. A CHISELED SQUARE. NOTE-- THE MARK MORE NEARLY RESEMBLES A V THAN A SQUARE.
|01/01/1978 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1978
MARK NOT FOUND.
|01/01/1984 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
NOT RECOVERED, CORNER OF ABUTMENT HAS BEEN BROKEN OFF.
|01/01/1988 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (RBP)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.