Details for Benchmark: NG0129
N 42° 04.733 W 087° 43.283 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COOK county, IL View Original Datasheet
- 05 NO 3301
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by IL-031 (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1973 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1973
0.6 MI W FROM WILMETTE. 0.55 MILES WEST ALONG LAKE AVENUE FROM THE VILLAGE HALL ANNEX, AT THE INTERSECTION OF LAKE AVENUE AND RIDGE ROAD, SET IN THE NORTH LAWN OF ST. JOSEPH CHURCH, 82.2 FEET EAST OF THE EAST CURB OF RIDGE ROAD, 73.3 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE NORTHWEST MAIN ENTRANCE TO THE CHURCH 23.9 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF LAKE AVENUE. A COOK COUNTY HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT DISK IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE STREET. SEC 33, T 42 N, R 13 E.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.