Details for Benchmark: NG0423
N 42° 39.150 W 086° 06.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ALLEGAN county, MI View Original Datasheet
- G 319
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1984 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
6.3 KM (3.95 MI) NORTH FROM FENNVILLE. 0.8 KM (0.5 MI) WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 89 (MAIN STREET) FROM THE POST OFFICE IN FEENVILLE, THENCE 5.5 KM (3.45 MI) NORTH ALONG 58TH STREET, AT THE OLD ALLEGAN ROAD LEADING WEST, 10.57 METERS (34.7 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF 58TH STREET, 13.41 METERS (44.0 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTER OF OLD ALLEGAN ROAD, 5.57 METERS (18.3 FT) EAST-SOUTHEAST OF A TELEPHONE JUNCTION BOX NUMBERED 3202, 1.88 METERS (6.2 FT) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF A METAL POST WITH STREET SIGNS ATTACHED (OLD ALLEGAN ROAD AND 58TH STREET), AND 0.97 METERS (3.2 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A POWERLINE POLE. NOTE, DRIVING RATE MET AND ROD ANCHORED. THE MARK IS 0.21 METERS E FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH 58TH STREET.
|01/01/1988 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (RBP)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.