Details for Benchmark: NG0426
N 42° 37.100 W 086° 06.883 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ALLEGAN county, MI View Original Datasheet
- K 319
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||marengo49068 found NG0426
coords were off some. marker north of stated location. yes there is a witness post. flush to grade.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1984 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
3.6 KM (2.25 MI) NORTH FROM FENNVILLE. 0.8 KM (0.5 MI) WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 89 (MAIN STREET) FROM THE POST OFFICE IN FENNVILLE, THENCE 2.8 KM (1.75 MI) NORTH ALONG 58TH STREET, AT A POWERLINE POLE, ABOUT 11.43 METERS (37.5 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF A WIDE GRAVEL DRIVEWAY LEADING WEST TO THE SEYFERTH RESIDENCES, 39.31 METERS (129.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE HOUSE, 13.04 METERS (42.8 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF 58TH STREET, 7.92 METERS (26.0 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE SOUTH END OF A CONCRETE HEADWALL UNDER THE DRIVEWAY, 4.57 METERS (15.0 FT) SOUTH OF A GUY WIRE ANCHOR, AND 0.60 METERS (2.0 FT) NORTH OF A POWERLINE POLE WITH A TRANSFORMER ATTACHED. THE MARK IS 0.67 METERS N FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.6 M ABOVE 58TH STREET.
|01/01/1988 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1988 (RBP)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.