Details for Benchmark: NG0802
N 42° 34.873 W 086° 12.918 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ALLEGAN county, MI View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1991 by NOS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL OCEAN SERVICE 1991
STATION IS LOCATED ON THE EAST SIDE OF LAKE MICHIGAN, ABOUT 13 MILES NORTH OF SOUTH HAVEN, AND 0.5 MILE SOUTH OF THE FENNVILLE EXIT ON THE WEST SIDE OF HWY 31. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE OVERPASS OF THE INTERSECTION OF HWY 31 AND HWY 89, GO SOUTH FOR 0.8 MILE TO STATION ON THE WEST SIDE OF HWY 31 AS DESCRIBED. THE STATION IS A STANDARD NOS ALUMINUM DISK STAMPED PINE 1991 ATTACHED TO A FOUR FOOT ALUMINUM ROD SURROUNDED BY A MASS OF CONCRETE THAT IS FLUSH WITH GROUND. IT IS LOCATED WEST OF A HIGHWAY SIGN FOR SOUTH HAVEN AND BENTON HARBOR ON THE WEST SIDE OF HWY 31, 0.05 MILES NORTH OF MILE POST 33, 15.78 M (51.77 FT) WEST OF A METAL FENCE MARKING THE PROPERTY OF A CHRISTMAS TREE FARM, 9.0 M (29.53 FT) WEST OF THE WEST EDGE OF HWY 31, 1.3 M (4.27 FT) NORTH OF A NOAA WITNESS POST. DESCRIBED BY RDJ.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1997. No horizontal observational check was made to the station.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model. No vertical observational check was made to the station.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.