Details for Benchmark: NJ0582
N 42° 01.117 W 091° 43.233 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LINN county, IA View Original Datasheet
- Y 75
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
AT LINN. AT LINN, LINN COUNTY, ON THE CHICAGO, ROCK ISLAND AND PACIFIC RAILWAY, 33 POLES NORTH OF MILEPOST 101, 85 YARDS NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE JUNCTION OF A CHICAGO, ROCK ISLAND AND PACIFIC RAILWAY MAIN LINE, 15 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE BRANCH LINE, 14 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE MAIN TRACK, 20 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SEMAPHORE SIGNAL, AND LEVEL WITH THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED Y 75 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.