Details for Benchmark: NQ0615
N 42° 25.164 W 105° 20.752 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ALBANY county, WY View Original Datasheet
- ESTERBROOK LOOKOUT TOWER TOP
- Marker Type:
- lookout tower
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1948 (DHK)
LOCATED ABOUT 20 MILES SOUTH OF DOUGLAS AND 1 MILE NORTHEAST OF ESTERBROOK POST OFFICE. STATION IS THE TOP AND CENTER OF THE STANDARD, WOODEN, U.S. FOREST SERVICE LOOKOUT TOWER WHICH IS ABOUT 40 FEET HIGH. THERE IS AN ENCLOSED CAB AT THE TOP OF THE TOWER. THE FINIAL OF THE ROOF WAS THE POINT OBSERVED ON.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1997.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.