Details for Benchmark: NR0528
N 42° 28.617 W 106° 44.995 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In NATRONA county, WY View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1948
STATION LOCATED ABOUT 6.0 MI. E. OF PATHFINDER DAM, IN THE W. PART OF SEC. 24, T 29 N, R 83 W, ABOUT 1.5 MI. W. OF THE HANSEN RANCH HOUSE.
TO REACH FROM ALCOVA VILLAGE, FOLLOW RD. 8.1 MI. S. FROM ALCOVA BRIDGE OVER NORTH PLATTE RIVER, STATION IS 196.6 FT. E. FROM CENTER OF HIGHWAY AND 293.6 FT. SE. OF T-JUNCTION OF N-S. RD. AND RD. W.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET SET IN TOP OF CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 6 IN. ABOVE GROUND, AND STAMPED---HANSEN 1948---.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 1--COPPER NAIL AND WASHER IN TOP OF CONCRETE POST BURIED IN GROUND, 54.6 FT. W. OF STATION MARK, N 72 DEGREES 17 MINUTES, SE.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 2--COPPER NAIL AND WASHER IN TOP OF CONCRETE POST BURIED IN GROUND, 59.7 FT. N. OF STATION MARK, N 21 DEGREES 00 MINUTES, SW.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.