Details for Benchmark: NS0030
N 42° 21.694 W 108° 55.757 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FREMONT county, WY View Original Datasheet
- J 20
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933
11.0 MI SW FROM SOUTH PASS CITY. 11.0 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE ROAD TO FARSON FROM THE POST OFFICE AT SOUTH PASS CITY, FREMONT COUNTY, 0.4 MILE SOUTHWEST OF THE CREST OF A LONG RIDGE, 72 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE MAIN ROAD, AND 6 FEET EAST OF A SIDE ROAD. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 7502.564 J 20 1933 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 6 INCHES ABOVE GROUND.
|07/25/1993 by WYDT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY WYOMING DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1993 (RR)
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 70 KM (43.50 MI) SOUTHWEST OF LANDER, 52 KM (32.30 MI) NORTHEAST OF FARSON, 18 KM (11.20 MI) NORTHEAST OF THE SUBLETT-SWEETWATER-FREMONT COUNTIES JUNCTION CORNER, 1.6 KM (1.00 MI) SOUTHEAST OF THE CONTINENTAL DIVIDE, ON HIGHWAY RIGHT-OF-WAY, AT MILE 32.1, IN THE NORTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 36, T 28 N, R 102 W. OWNERSHIP--WYOMING DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION. TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF US HIGHWAY 287 AND STATE HIGHWAYS 28 AND 789 (ABOUT 14 KM (8.70 MI) SOUTHEAST OF LANDER), GO SOUTHWEST ON HIGHWAY 28 FOR 54.6 KM (33.90 MI) TO THE BRIDGE OVER THE SWEETWATER RIVER, JUST PAST THE REST AREA. CONTINUE AHEAD FOR 1.26 KM (0.80 MI) TO A BIG SANDY ROAD ON THE RIGHT. CONTINUE AHEAD FOR 2.04 KM (1.25 MI) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. STATION MARK IS A DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A 25-CM SQUARE CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 15 CM ABOVE GROUND. IT IS 21.9 M (71.9 FT) NORTHWEST OF, AND LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY CENTER, 23.2 M (76.1 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, AND 0.3 M (1.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST. DESCRIBED BY WHD, TYPED BY GRH.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1994.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.