Details for Benchmark: NS0035
N 42° 27.033 W 108° 48.733 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FREMONT county, WY View Original Datasheet
- P 20
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933
1.4 MI SW FROM SOUTH PASS CITY. 1.4 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE ROAD TO FARSON FROM THE POST OFFICE AT SOUTH PASS CITY, FREMONT COUNTY, 120 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, AND IN THE TOP OF A SMALL GRANITE OUTCROP. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 7858.068 P 20 1933.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.