Details for Benchmark: NS0048
N 42° 40.800 W 108° 39.817 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FREMONT county, WY View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1940 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1940
9.4 MI SE FROM LANDER. 9.4 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 287 FROM LANDER, FREMONT COUNTY, THENCE 4.8 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE ROAD LEADING TO ATLANTIC CITY. 0.5 MILE SOUTHWEST OF A BRIDGE OVER LITTLE POPO AGIE RIVER, 220 FEET NORTHEAST OF A ROAD INTERSECTION, 150 FEET NORTHWEST OF A CABIN, IN THE FACE OF A ROCK OUTCROP, AND ABOUT 12 FEET HIGHER THAN THE ROAD. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 5629 RL AND SET VERTICALLY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.