Details for Benchmark: NS0228
N 42° 26.380 W 108° 51.719 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FREMONT county, WY View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1951 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1951
LOCATED ABOUT 2.0 MI. -AIR- S. OF NEW SOUTH PASS, WYOMING AND ABOUT 150 FT. W. OF HIGHWAY 28, ON E. SLOPE OF RIDGE.
TO REACH FROM NEW SOUTH PASS, WYOMING PROCEED S. ON U.S. HIGHWAY 28 FOR 2.4 MI. STATION IS W. OF RD. ABOUT 150 FT.
STATION MARK - A STANDARD TABLET CEMENTED IN SOLID ROCK, STAMPED ---WR-NEW 1951---.
REFERENCE MARKS - NONE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.