Details for Benchmark: NU1142
N 42° 46.867 W 113° 36.383 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MINIDOKA county, ID View Original Datasheet
- P 3
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1934
6.3 MI W FROM COLE SIDING. 6.3 MILES WEST ALONG THE OREGON SHORT LINE RR FROM MINIDOKA, 0.7 MILES EAST OF THE EAST SWITCH AT COLE SIDING, 8 1/2 POLES EAST OF MILE POLE 279, 8 1/2 POLES WEST OF THE SIGN BOARD COLE 1 MILE, 300 FEET WEST OF THE WEST END OF A CUT, 63 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, AND 37 FEET SOUTH OF THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE. THE BOTTOM OF A SQUARE HOLE CUT IN THE TOP OF A SQUARE LAVA POST, SURROUNDED BY THE LETTERS USBM AND 2 INCHES ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1955 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1955
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.