Details for Benchmark: NY0875
N 42° 47.123 W 121° 21.050 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In KLAMATH county, OR View Original Datasheet
- HAMBLETON BUTTE LOH
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1953 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
SEE STATION HAMBLETON
|1/1/1967 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1967 (CAA)
STATION IS LOCATED 28 MILES SOUTHWEST OF SILVER LAKE, 24 MILES NORTH-NORTHWEST OF BEATTY, 24 MILES NORTH-NORTHEAST OF SPRAGUE RIVER AND ON A WOODED AND ROCKY HILL.
IT IS A WOODEN BUILDING 15 FEET HIGH AND PAINTED BROWN IN COLOR. THE POINT INTERSECTED WAS THE TOP-CENTER OF THE LOOKOUT OBSERVATION CABIN.
NOTE--ORIGINALLY LISTED AS KINGS CABIN LOOKOUT HOUSE 1953
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1991.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.