Details for Benchmark: NZ0215
N 42° 23.567 W 122° 56.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In JACKSON county, OR View Original Datasheet
- Q 549
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by ORDT (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
1.6 MI NW FROM CENTRAL POINT. 1.6 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 99 FROM THE GRANGE CO-OP BUILDING AT CENTRAL POINT, NEAR WOODEN RAILROAD BRIDGE 447.35, AT A 6- BY 59-FOOT HIGHWAY CONCRETE BOX CULVERT, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST CONCRETE HEAD WALL, 34 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 23.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE HEAD WALL, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1987 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1987
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 2.6 KM (1.60 MI) NORTHWESTERLY ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF PINE STREET IN CENTRAL POINT, IN TOP OF AND 7.2 M (23.6 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST CONCRETE HEADWALL OF A BOX CULVERT SPANNING JACKSON CREEK, 11.4 M (37.4 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AND 3.0 M (9.8 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE NEAR RAIL. NOTE--THE ORIGINAL DESCRIPTION STATES THAT THE DISK IS STAMPED Q 549, BUT IS STAMPED Q 549 C5. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.