Details for Benchmark: NZ0220
N 42° 24.467 W 122° 56.883 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In JACKSON county, OR View Original Datasheet
- H 549
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by ORDT (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
2.9 MI NW FROM CENTRAL POINT. 2.9 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 99 FROM THE GRANGE CO-OP BUILDING AT CENTRAL POINT, 0.2 MILE SOUTHEAST OF A BRIDGE OVER THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD, AT A CONCRETE BRIDGE OVER A STOCK CROSSING, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE NORTHEAST CONCRETE HEAD WALL, 39 FEET (SLOPING MEASUREMENT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AND ABOUT 7 1/2 FEET LOWER THAN THE HIGHWAY.
|01/01/1978 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1978
MARK NOT FOUND.
|01/01/1987 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1987
MAY HAVE BEEN DESTROYED BY HIGHWAY CONSTRUCTION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.